Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

L&M NSR cams installed.

18K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  VNMOUS1 
#1 ·
Purposely lost 100 pound feet of torque on the hit to pick up 80 rwhp above 5000rpm. Next week I am gonna put Christine on FTW fuel and let her eat.

Now, if it weren't 90f and 3,000 DA every day :(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you driven it on the street yet? if so can you feel the loss of torque and does the hp gain feel worth it?
I'm debating on getting these for the next mod, problem is if I go that far I might as well do the oil pump, then while I have the balancer off it would be easy to throw on a 10%, then I will surely max out my 56s so I'm probably gonna need id1000's and a boost a pump, not sure if I can live off of top ramen for a year...

#3 ·
Because of the lope there is a slight difference in the way you leave a stopsign but there's no loss of driveability, per se.

You wouldn't feel a loss of torque in everyday driving nor on the track. Your short times at the track will generally improve with less torque as it won't be so hard to launch.

Fueling is dependent upon what you want to do with the car. Are you adding cams primarily for power? Then you'll need fueling. If you want a little more power and primarily looking for old school sound, you may be ok with the 56s and a booster. You would need to log and review.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
BJ,

What would you guys typically charge (Or just the number of hours) for the install of these, Motor in Car obviously?

You can PM if you'd prefer not post it around. Mostly just curious on the hours.

#5 ·
Cars with only 3 digit horsepower numbers are weak.

;)

WOW!

Reactions: VNMOUS1
#15 ·
I could be wrong, but I think BJ did put some new rods in there at a minimum. That said, his stock engine did last an impressively long time for a car that sees that kind of abuse on the regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.