Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhaust I remember......

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  blackcad55 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the exhaust sound I remember from my '66 and wish I could duplicate on ALL my vehicles!! Good ol' fashioned "cammed and carbureted".... :)

(just wish he would have "got on it" more in the video....definitely geared very high....sorry it's a little boring)

https://youtu.be/wRHTsQ7SVVs

#5 ·
This is the exhaust sound I remember from my '66 and wish I could duplicate on ALL my vehicles!! Good ol' fashioned "cammed and carbureted".... :)

(just wish he would have "got on it" more in the video....definitely geared very high....sorry it's a little boring)
You can create an older car sound by moving the mufflers as far forward as you can. The sound bouncing around in the tailpipe is what made older Mustangs sound better than the newer ones. That's probably the thing I dislike the most about the S197 chassis layout is mounting the mufflers at the rear instead of under the middle of the body like the older ones.

I've thought about trying something for an exhaust setup. Getting a set of 3 inch intermediate pipes and mount 2 Dynomax Bullets in tandem in each pipe. So 4 mufflers total. Only 2 Bullets would be too loud. Then just run straight pipes for the axlebacks. Dynomax are some of the highest flowing mufflers available. Might be neat to try.

#6 ·
Yes, a lot has changed since we were able to hang a couple of 'cherry bombs' off the headers.. :lol: .....I'm afraid in my old age I do enjoy my smoother, less smelly, high horsepower car more in everyday driving, but every now and then, those old hot rods REALLY sound good! Good luck with your "experimenting", and post a video if you ever get some good results. Until then, I always have YouTube!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.