Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS exhaust.

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tomshep 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the Super Snake axleback on a 13/14 and if so, was it much louder than the factory exhaust ? The sound clips Ive found, the SS doesnt appear to make a big difference in sound or tone compared to stock.

#4 ·
I just installed the 13/14 SS exhaust. Previously, I had Borla S. The rest of my exhaust is 100% stock.

First, I was extremely happy with the S. Nice sound, looked good and zero drone.

The SS definitely has a drone to it. I haven't been on the highway, but I am expecting some. Around town it has drone, but not horrible. It is one of those love/hate relationships right now. I do LOVE the tips.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks for posting the side by side with the S. I have been saying for a while these looked more like old stingers than S type but some have said they are in fact S type. If you have factory manifolds the drone shouldn't be too bad on the highway. For me it was very livable until I got on the highway and the volume just increased with it in 5th or 6th at 65-75mph. I have 3.73 gears (2011 SVTPP with 2014 bumper), so on a 13 the drone might be higher mph due to the different gearing.

I ended up clamping in a set of resonators to pull down the drone, which helped a lot without a ton of impact to the volume.

#10 ·
I am curious how they compare to your Borla's as well. I have the Ford Racing version on my 2013. I THINK They are the Borla S just branded for Ford? The Ford Racing sound mean as heck around town and have zero drone on the highway. My gripe with them is they are DAMN LOUD under WOT...

#12 ·
UPDATE. They are coming off. I like the look, but can't deal with the drone. They were interfering with Led Zeppelin last night on the highway. They have good volume wide open, but the drone is horrible from 1800-2200. It simply gives me a headache. They are super-easy to install since the muffler is small and the tip is actually a separate piece that clamps on.

I bought these new off of ebay. They are available at $1199. Interestingly, they ship from Las Vegas.

The tips on this set are embossed, just like the SS. They are NOT engraved.

These will go in the attic for now. I like them too much to sell them.

I am putting the Borla S back on.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.