Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying To Match an Exhaust Sound

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hardage 
#1 ·
Ok, So on my 2007 I have the Lethal o/r H with the FR500S https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-5230-s mufflers and the rest of the exhaust is factory. It's loud but IMO not too loud and it's not as raspy as I thought it would be. I REALLY like the exhaust at all RPM's. I am trying to produce that same or similar sound in my 2013 without buying several mufflers. I realize there are a lot a differences between the cars and their exhaust setup but I would think I could come close. I have the H-Pipe on the way and I have Borla Atak and S-Type in my garage. Is there anyone that is familiar with these years that can help determine which axle back would be closest to reproducing the exhaust note? Or, do I need a different axle back? My thought is the ATAK would be the closest since the FR500s is a very small, straight through muffler.

Thanks,
Ken

#4 ·
Thanks @Hardage...would you say the off road H with stock mufflers is louder than the stock catted H with Borla S-Type? I do Like the S-type, it's just a little to quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.