Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

O2 Sensors and Race Fuel

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GoFastCobra 
#1 ·
Are there issues with the factory O2 sensors when running race fuels in 2012 gt500? I don't ever see anyone nor could I find any threads where anyone had an issue running race fuel and damaging the O2s.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Yes the fuel must be unleaded. They were out of unleaded at the strip one day and I had to use leaded. And I had to replace the O2 sensors within a couple of days later.

#4 ·
Ok, I knew that it was unleaded that is okay but I didnt know if anyone was running with leaded and having problems or not.

#6 ·
Its true. I just had my Mcleod RXT installed and got it back today :grin: Once I get my 1000 more clutch pedal Pumps/cycles (not sure what to call it) done, Ill have my full exhaust installed so wont need to worry about the cats. Thanks for the heads up though and good info for other guys wanting to run race fuel and dont know the dos/donts. I guess my question would have been better asked if the O2 sensor is still a problem with leaded fuels or if there have been design changes that allow for leaded fuel use nowadays but seem to have gotten my answer regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.