Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Extra tires and wheels storage

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  silvercreek 
#1 ·
I have 2 sets of wheels in my storage building. Four (4) of the OEM SVT wheels and tires off of my 2012 GT500 and Four (4) OEM wheels and tires off of my 2016 Ford F150. Right now they are all stacked on the floor taking up a lot of space in my 8'X16' storage building. I need an ideas for building a wall mounted rack so that I can get all of these tires and wheels off of the floor and out of the way. Keep in mind, the storage rack(s) must be strong enough to support the weight. Unfortunatley I do not have a garage so therefore I have to made due the best I can with my storage building. Does anyone have pictures of your extra tires and wheels storage that you have built a storage rack of some sort. If you have pictures please post them. I am limited with only a wooden structure and lumber to build the storage racks so please don't show anything really elaborate. Worst case scenario I can always stack all 8 wheels and tires in the corner that will take up the least space without a rack system.

#2 ·
I am getting ready to solve a similar problem. I have a mountain of parts and tires/wheels. I am going to build a free-standing mezzanine (loft). Don't rule this out. You can build a loft from wall-to-wall across the 8 foot section and still get a car under it. Since I have metal walls, I am going to build my loft on wooden posts to support the weight. You could just affix yours to the walls.

#3 ·
Reactions: fletchffletch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.