0vm66t - Introduction - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
New Member Introductions Drop in, say hi, and get to know your new home

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
0vm66t - Introduction

Hi all
Just joined and introducing myself. I am a future owner of a Mustang once I am confident I know enough to make a good decision. This will be THE CAR I have been wanting all my life so I am going to take my time. In my early teens in the 70’s, my high-school aged neighbor owned a dark blue 302 Boss and I was his sidekick pulling parts from the junkyard and helping him work on it. It was the best feeling riding in the passenger seat, even though I couldn’t see over the dash at that time. The pride of that car has never left me and now is time have my own Mustang – a special one.

I plan to spend a lot of time here reading threads and getting up to ‘speed’ (pun intended) to know what mods I will plan on doing. 0vm66t is my handle on an Accord forum where I have just completed a 3 year project modding a garage queen V6 coupe, bought from an 86 year old retired pilot. I worked on all aspects; suspension, intake, exhaust, ECU, tuning etc. It was a great experience, I learned a lot and the experience has given me confidence to take the next step to a supercharged V8 Mustang.

It will be interesting to see where I land in the end, but at this time, with my limited knowledge, I plan to do many of the mods myself rather than buy a fully modded car, 600-700hp (more than Shelby stock), somewhat of a sleeper look – not super flashy, on the lower end of mileage, lowered/coilovers and very important – an awesome exhaust sound.

From what I have seen so far, this is a very positive and supportive community and I look forward hanging out here.

Thanks 0vm66t
Goose17, TedShred, Keeno and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:45 PM

Garage
Re: 0vm66t - Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0vm66t View Post
Hi all
Just joined and introducing myself. I am a future owner of a Mustang once I am confident I know enough to make a good decision. This will be THE CAR I have been wanting all my life so I am going to take my time. In my early teens in the 70’s, my high-school aged neighbor owned a dark blue 302 Boss and I was his sidekick pulling parts from the junkyard and helping him work on it. It was the best feeling riding in the passenger seat, even though I couldn’t see over the dash at that time. The pride of that car has never left me and now is time have my own Mustang – a special one.

I plan to spend a lot of time here reading threads and getting up to ‘speed’ (pun intended) to know what mods I will plan on doing. 0vm66t is my handle on an Accord forum where I have just completed a 3 year project modding a garage queen V6 coupe, bought from an 86 year old retired pilot. I worked on all aspects; suspension, intake, exhaust, ECU, tuning etc. It was a great experience, I learned a lot and the experience has given me confidence to take the next step to a supercharged V8 Mustang.

It will be interesting to see where I land in the end, but at this time, with my limited knowledge, I plan to do many of the mods myself rather than buy a fully modded car, 600-700hp (more than Shelby stock), somewhat of a sleeper look – not super flashy, on the lower end of mileage, lowered/coilovers and very important – an awesome exhaust sound.

From what I have seen so far, this is a very positive and supportive community and I look forward hanging out here.

Thanks 0vm66t
Hello and welcome!

It sounds like you already have a pretty good knowledge base on how to modify a car. It will come into use after getting the car you want and reading the threads on here for awhile. Have you decided what year, colors, and options you are looking for? There are some pretty good deals out there. Just don't jump on the first thing you see though. Do your research and make sure it's the right choice for you.

On a side note what part of the PNW are you in? I was born and raised in Oregon and have lived in Arkansas for the last 24 years.

2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue/White, SVTPP, Electronics Package, VMP Stage 3, VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger, Blue Airaid Filter, Corsa Sports, Michelin A/S 3's, JLT Catch Cans, JLT Painted Radiator Cover, Intake, Fuse Cover, and Hood Struts, CPC Strut Covers, Diode Dynamics LED Lights, Upper and Lower Grilles, Gravel Guards, Back-up Camera

1966 GT350 Red/White1966 Fastback
1989 GT Convertible
2003 F250 4X4 Crew Cab
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Bald Moderator!

Garage

Quote:

Thanks 0vm66t

I've got the perfect sleeper car for ya when you get serious.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:53 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcad55 View Post

What? Greg, surely you're not going to sell your car, are you?!?!
And yes, I just called you Shirley
blackcad55 likes this.

2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue/White, SVTPP, Electronics Package, VMP Stage 3, VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger, Blue Airaid Filter, Corsa Sports, Michelin A/S 3's, JLT Catch Cans, JLT Painted Radiator Cover, Intake, Fuse Cover, and Hood Struts, CPC Strut Covers, Diode Dynamics LED Lights, Upper and Lower Grilles, Gravel Guards, Back-up Camera

1966 GT350 Red/White1966 Fastback
1989 GT Convertible
2003 F250 4X4 Crew Cab
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Moderator Dude

Garage

Welcome Ovm!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Hi all

Thanks 0vm66t
Welcome aboard! Great intro -- thanks for sharing your background and plans. We'll gladly help you spend your $!

Quote:
What is this crazy talk, Greg?! This is the 2nd post I've seen where you're aluding to selling. Say it ain't so!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyfan73 View Post
X2!

2011 SVTPP -- Sterling Metallic Gray -- Factory Stripe Delete
New to me on 1/13/17 w/ 5,872 miles

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Bald Moderator!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyfan73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchffletch View Post
What is this crazy talk, Greg?! This is the 2nd post I've seen where you're aluding to selling. Say it ain't so!!! X2!

There comes a point in life where EVERYTHING is for sale at the right price. In all seriousness, I don't drive it much anymore, I live on Social Security so things are tight, it is a beautiful showroom condition car that has never missed a beat (the reason I've been able to hold on to it), but if there is a member out there who really wants this model, is willing to pay a fair price, and wants a no-nonsense, worry-free car.....yes, I would consider selling it. I promised my wife it would be my LAST 'hobby car', and it has been a GREAT experience. I was lucky enough to get a perfect car (probably one of the best put-together, smooth, high performance cars that I've owned), and so good that I would not be afraid to sell it to a friend or good member of this Forum without worries. The '07-09 models aren't that much in demand, so there is small chance of actually selling it, so I'm sure I'll get to enjoy it for awhile longer....but I really want to let Forum members know that if there is someone out there seriously looking, I've got the "almost perfect" car (always) for sale, but in no hurry....not advertised anywhere....would like for it to end up with a good Forum member who would enjoy it as much as I have. I actually get to enjoy this Forum more often than I do my car!!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
There comes a point in life where EVERYTHING is for sale at the right price. In all seriousness, I don't drive it much anymore, I live on Social Security so things are tight, it is a beautiful showroom condition car that has never missed a beat (the reason I've been able to hold on to it), but if there is a member out there who really wants this model, is willing to pay a fair price, and wants a no-nonsense, worry-free car.....yes, I would consider selling it. I promised my wife it would be my LAST 'hobby car', and it has been a GREAT experience. I was lucky enough to get a perfect car (probably one of the best put-together, smooth, high performance cars that I've owned), and so good that I would not be afraid to sell it to a friend or good member of this Forum without worries. The '07-09 models aren't that much in demand, so there is small chance of actually selling it, so I'm sure I'll get to enjoy it for awhile longer....but I really want to let Forum members know that if there is someone out there seriously looking, I've got the "almost perfect" car (always) for sale, but in no hurry....not advertised anywhere....would like for it to end up with a good Forum member who would enjoy it as much as I have. I actually get to enjoy this Forum more often than I do my car!!
Understood, Greg. Appreciate you wanting it to go to a good home. Sounds like a gem of car for the lucky buyer whenever that time comes. And whenever that time comes, I hope you'll continue on here with all of us! Wouldn't be the same without you!!!
blackcad55 and Homebrw like this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Welcome aboard, enjoy and have fun.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more. I enjoy the car, but there are still unicorns I'm chasing after and if someone wants to pay me I'll let her go and not lose an ounce of sleep over it.

2009 GT500 Vert - Vapor Silver - Stripe Delete - Red/Black interior (1 of 1) - VMP Gen 2 Powered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.